Monday, January 28, 2008

Approaching the due date

Oh...I started to have a sense that the baby is coming out pretty soon.
This morning as I walked up Kauman Street with my mom and dad, I could feel the baby was pushing down and it started to hurt.
I got back home, Daniel was still sleeping. I crawled the bed and pulled the blanket - not to wake him up, I positioned my body to the left so the baby's feet wouldn't hurt my upper right ribs.
It worked out very well.

I, however, still felt the stomachache experience - as people say, that could be the sign of the first phase of contractions.
Minutes later, Daniel woke up and I told him to get ready to welcome the baby in days ;)
He was extremely excited. After taking a bath, the three of us (with the baby, for sure!) prayed together and he whispered to my stomach telling our little one that today was the 29th.
We have been telling our baby today's date so *she* (as the doctor says) keeps track of the dates. Funny, huh???

Every morning, our routine is to read her Biblical verses. I sometime feel that when she hasn't heard any of those, she is sad.... I find it interesting and comforting to know that she grows spiritually too ;)

No comments: