Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Boy! I miss Boston!

I don't know what trigger me to feel this way! But BOY! I miss Boston!
Suddenly I could feel my heart beat really fast thinking of Boston! ;)
It's kinda funny, huh! When I was in the United States, I also missed Salatiga - our memorable place - and everything in it.
I missed the food. Just mention it! "Bakmi Tek-tek, Pecel Madya, Mpek-mpek depan gereja Katholik St. Miki, etc." I missed the city as well as the people. Having my family close to me was a something special. It is still a something special to me now.

Now, it's fall there. I miss enjoying the falling leaves. I miss looking at different colors of leaves while waiting for my bus, walking to my campus or while I was on the bus.
It is cool there, but I miss walking hand-in-hand with my husband in the cold weather, to a Malay restaurant in Allston for a bowl of hot and sour soup - my hubby's fav.

I also miss playing around with the snow. I haven't had a chance to make my own snow angel (I wish I could do that!). I also missed seeing the snow falling down on my head, touching the wonderfully white snow, and walking outside in my red winter coat that I love best.
I hate the storm though. Koko still had to go to work though it was storming. I hate thinking about the fact that he had to walk for 10 minutes or so from the bus stop to his office in those stormy days.

It's kinda funny but I miss the Sunday School kids! I miss their smiles. I miss their hugs. They used to remind me of my nieces and my nephew.
Now, the only day I could meet my nieces is Sunday for an hour or so. It's hardly a case to meet my nephew - he is in Jakarta.
Seeing his face from the webcam has been a very reliefing experience.

Boy.... thinking about them makes me cry. Tears are falling from my eyes. An employee was passing by Koko's office and taking a peek of what I did - wiping my tears at the corners of my eyes.
OK! I'd better stop now ;)