Monday, March 02, 2009

DIY HD ANTENNA - It works!

I got a new RCA in door antenna, but then I was not happy with it. I was not sure it is because cheap antenna or what. Every time someone stand near to the antenna, the picture (the signal) get screwed.

So I went to youtube to see if I can get a DIY antenna project and I got this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

So last night I start building one. There was a doubt in the beginning, since I thought HD signal will be take serious math/measurement things but the instruction is VERY SIMPLE to build. Anyway I keep the plan to try it. And after about 15 minutes, I got it done and connect it to my television, and Wuhhhuuuu..... IT WORKS!!! I am not even measure everything very tight. Just bend them and screw all of them. The signal is about 92 from 100. The RCA was about 60-70, and got very low if someone stand or pass near it.

I spend about $5.5 for the 75-300 ohm matching transformer. The rest is just free things.



Credit for http://www.youtube.com/user/babblin5